Price: 280 usd
Your crew welcomes you at the Victoria Chau Doc Hotel jetty at 10:00 am with cold towels and a refreshing drink as your Song Xanh private sampan sets off for its leisurely cruise on the waterways around Chau Doc towards Long Xuyen, traveling along a narrow canal past monkey bridges and peaceful villages.
DAY 1: CHAU DOC – LONG XUYEN
Your crew welcomes you at the Victoria Chau Doc Hotel jetty at 10:00 am with cold towels and a refreshing drink as your Song Xanh private sampan sets off for its leisurely cruise on the waterways around Chau Doc towards Long Xuyen, traveling along a narrow canal past monkey bridges and peaceful villages. Lunch is served on board before arriving in Long Xuyen. Visit Tiger Island (Cu Lao Ong Ho), a small island that was once the home of Vietnam’s second president - Ton Duc Thang. Take a stroll around the park surrounding the museum and cycle around the island for a better look.
Your last stopover before sunset is at a Vietnamese home to gain insight into how the locals live. The owner will welcome you and a candlelit dinner will be served.
Enjoy your first night on board the Song Xanh on the Hau River.
DAY 2 : LONG XUYEN – SA DEC
Breakfast is served on board at 7:00 am while your sampan cruises downstream. Arrive in Sa Dec in time for a stroll around this charming town. Visit one of the town’s highlights, the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le, a real-life character in the celebrated novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras. The small town is well worth exploring as it played an important role in the development of the Mekong Delta. Large Chinese and Khmer communities were established here, while the French
also left their mark on the local architecture. As a result, many religions are represented side by side: a Cao Dai temple, a Catholic church, a Chinese temple and Vietnamese pagodas. Lunch and dinner are served on board. Enjoy your second night aboard the Song Xanh on the Mekong River.
DAY 3 : SA DEC – CAI BE
We begin cruising at 6:00 am towards Cai Be. Observe life as it plays out on shore - people going about their daily activities against picturesque landscapes - while your crew serves breakfast onboard. Stop at various points along the way for a look into some of the cottage industries of the region: a brick factory and local food production like coconut candy and puffed rice (the local equivalent of pop corn), small home-based businesses that provide a living for the river people.
Your cruise ends at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river, surrounded by fruit plantations, a glimpse into the
- - Private transfers with Professional English Speaking guide
- - Accommodation with breakfast at mentioned Hotels
- - Meals (Food only / NO drinks) as mentioned in programs
- - All Entrance fees for the whole trip as mentioned in programme
- - Service charges, room tax and baggage handling
- - Daily 2 mineral water bottles per day per pax.
- - All taxes
- - Highly responsive 24/7 support during the tour.
- - High quality personally handpicked local guides at all places that are government approved.
- - Courteous chauffeur at your service for the tour.
- - In tour flights if any
- - Special assistances in ease city for smooth check-ins.
- - International flights & departure taxes
- - Visa On Arrival guaranteed letter
- - Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- - Travel insurance
- - Beverage
- - Other services not mentioned above